I am here to help you grow and move forward. Change requires movement. To move means that you a particular type of mindset. I expect that people who have come to read this hold a flexible mindset. Allowing growth to happen and most importantly want it!
There are two types of mindsets these are fixed and growth mindsets. I will offer you the information about growth mindset as this is way to move forward and develop on the areas you wish to improve.
- To grow the mind you must be willing to learn
- Be willing to open and accept feedback
- Learn from feedback and be willing create a plan of development
- Effort is the key and be flexible in your approach. An athlete didn’t become a great sports person because they rested on only their talent they held. They worked hard and tried different methods to become an even better sports person
- Embrace your mistakes and be willing to acknowledge them to be able to learn and move forward
- Create a clear plan on how you can better. Problem solve the areas you feel are weak or what requires the most practice from yourself. Be honest in what you are capable on but be willing to move outside of the boundaries
- Growth mindset is a circle effect, where it is constant repetition in looking at how you can move forward, become better in what you want to achieve. Achieve the goals, receive setbacks, learn from the setbacks, drive results and then begin all over again.
“In a fixed mindset students believe their basic abilities, their intelligence, their talents, are just fixed traits. They have a certain amount and that’s that, and then their goal becomes to look smart all the time and never look dumb. In a growth mindset students understand that their talents and abilities can be developed through effort, good teaching and persistence. They don’t necessarily think everyone’s the same or anyone can be Einstein, but they believe everyone can get smarter if they work at it.”
By Carol Dweck
Here is also a Ted Talk by Carol Dweck:
Growth requires dedication, hard work and extreme patience. The behavioural patterns of an individual who is seeking to practice growth-mindset they are required to be collaborative, innovative, seek feedback, admit to mistakes, openly challenge other and grow knowledge. You are required to stay in this growth zone. Do not exit it. Ensure that you are surrounded yourself around these forces. This is not just additional tasks you take on but a method of life. A change of your lifestyle habits and ensuring that you are seeking that objective you are aiming for.
I wish you the best of luck in this journey. I would always love feedback, please drop me a message.